Winx Club + Disability, Trauma, etc.

Here you can talk about anything, and everything!

Moderator: EN minimods

Winx Club + Disability, Trauma, etc.

Postby Tecna9930 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:13 pm

Hi All:

I know from my personal experiences having a truck ton of disabilities that when I found Winx around 2013-2015 it gave me hope, when I found out it had a forum, I was there almost on the daily. Then the forum got shut down and that sent my whole world into collapse. I'm not going to get into all the not-so-nice things I've seen in my years on this planet; but I will say Winx has been the one thing that's brought me hope through a lot.

I'll just be honest, when I found Winx; I brought it into my volunteer job and it spread like you'd not believe. :-) it was so much loved that it eventually morphed into:
1) All potential hires needing to take a "Winx Fandom, Readiness, and Support" test BEFORE they took the "Call Center Readiness" test (the one to determine if you've got the chops to be in the customer service field). The idea was that if you're not a huge Winx fan, you won't fit in with our organizational culture or catch much needed messages via our instant messaging system.
2) A "Winx Corporate Desktop" (search that term exactly in google and you'll find a link to them) wallpaper was developed for all employee computers. The reason for this was because someone on a school tour group got offended over a colleague's wallpaper (it was a picture of their car or something innocuous) so all the decision-makers got together and Information Technology commissioned me to make the wallpaper... and now no one's complained ever since (employees love it, the public never questioned it and just thought it was some internal tool or something, etc.) thus less headaches for employees and management. I mean it's a giant Winx Club logo on a solid black background with the words "Winx Corporate Desktop 3.2.x" in the upper left and lower right corners.
3) Me being so much in love with Winx that I'd always place a Winx logo somewhere in my presentations and. This one got so bad that someone edited the Winx logo out of a presentation I was to give to some very important people that I fainted right in the middle of the presentation and my colleagues rushed me off and when I came round; I asked about what happened and their words were "some new-hire changed your presentation and you gave up mid presentation..." Now there's a rule that I always have to have some sort of Winx reference near by and anyone who edits out the Winx logos or other references from my corporate assets is in major trouble as that's a safety thing for me. And yes, all new hires are made aware of this.

In short, Winx has been there for me through some pretty tough times when no one else was or could be. When no one else understood me, Winx was there. My question to you all is: Has Winx been there for you? If you'd like feel free to explain how Winx saved the day. I'm curious, am I the only one who's this Winx-obsessed?
Tecna9930

Return to Chatta