Winx Club + Disability, Trauma, etc.

Here you can talk about anything, and everything!

Moderator: EN minimods

Winx Club + Disability, Trauma, etc.

Postby Tecna9930 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:13 pm

Hi All:

I know from my personal experiences having a truck ton of disabilities that when I found Winx around 2013-2015 it gave me hope, when I found out it had a forum, I was there almost on the daily. Then the forum got shut down and that sent my whole world into collapse. I'm not going to get into all the not-so-nice things I've seen in my years on this planet; but I will say Winx has been the one thing that's brought me hope through a lot.

I'll just be honest, when I found Winx; I brought it into my volunteer job and it spread like you'd not believe. :-) it was so much loved that it eventually morphed into:
1) All potential hires needing to take a "Winx Fandom, Readiness, and Support" test BEFORE they took the "Call Center Readiness" test (the one to determine if you've got the chops to be in the customer service field). The idea was that if you're not a huge Winx fan, you won't fit in with our organizational culture or catch much needed messages via our instant messaging system.
2) A "Winx Corporate Desktop" (search that term exactly in google and you'll find a link to them) wallpaper was developed for all employee computers. The reason for this was because someone on a school tour group got offended over a colleague's wallpaper (it was a picture of their car or something innocuous) so all the decision-makers got together and Information Technology commissioned me to make the wallpaper... and now no one's complained ever since (employees love it, the public never questioned it and just thought it was some internal tool or something, etc.) thus less headaches for employees and management. I mean it's a giant Winx Club logo on a solid black background with the words "Winx Corporate Desktop 3.2.x" in the upper left and lower right corners.
3) Me being so much in love with Winx that I'd always place a Winx logo somewhere in my presentations and. This one got so bad that someone edited the Winx logo out of a presentation I was to give to some very important people that I fainted right in the middle of the presentation and my colleagues rushed me off and when I came round; I asked about what happened and their words were "some new-hire changed your presentation and you gave up mid presentation..." Now there's a rule that I always have to have some sort of Winx reference near by and anyone who edits out the Winx logos or other references from my corporate assets is in major trouble as that's a safety thing for me. And yes, all new hires are made aware of this.

In short, Winx has been there for me through some pretty tough times when no one else was or could be. When no one else understood me, Winx was there. My question to you all is: Has Winx been there for you? If you'd like feel free to explain how Winx saved the day. I'm curious, am I the only one who's this Winx-obsessed?
Tecna9930

Re: Winx Club + Disability, Trauma, etc.

Postby WinxClub4Life » Mon Sep 09, 2024 9:52 pm

Now I am a guy who met Winx before I turned 3 so as you can guess the show feels like a best friend or sibling that I really care about and since I was a guy I was judged for liking Winx and Barbie,I never liked Masculine things or cartoons they don't appeal to me,more colorful sparkly and feminine things are things I like watching because I feel like pretty feminine person and I enjoy tyat media and even as a oid I was being bullied not in kindergarten,by a 50 something year old man in my family. The people in the school knew I liked Winx Club or at least "girl cartoons" but they couldn't care less honestly,now a little background about me or my family at least. I am Turkish White Man and as a kid everyone confused me to a girl,when I was 8 a friend of mine said I spoke and sounded like a girl so I feel like my moms stomach making me a guy was a last minute choice LOL now my mom was the one winning the bread she was the head of like one of the factories of like door and window companies or something? I don't knkw how to say it in English even though I forget Turkish words so often that is how much I use it LOL,now Turkey is an Islamic country but there are no laws forcing Islam or any religion but most Turkish people are Muslim and a boy watching a girl cartoon seems ga* to some people,not that I am straight but my family doesn't need to know that...now I don't have a problem with religion it is the bond between one and the god someone looks up on and it is a bond and there is nothing wrong with it but there are people who think they are religous when they are doing sins and there is a lot of these people in Turkey(and yes I refuse to call it Türkiye in English) and they are willing to murder,which they did in fact do and now they have places in politics,and because my dad talked about these my dad was arrested like 8 times,so he didn't have amazing jobs,and for a long time he is a security guard and that said I couldn't care less for polics personally and like I said mom was the breadwinner and people work about 10 hours in here 6 days a week so before I started kindergaten my mom hande me to some relatives in weekends and the relativew I am talking about are a family and they are good people and they have two daughters that were sisters to me and we are like a family or step family the mom of those two daughters and the mom in the family is a housewife and she is really kind and caring and the daughters were students and were about 16-21 when this started and now the older one has a baby and I am her uncle! And we still meet and I truly care about them,they are my family and will always be but the father is one of those people who thinks he is religous,now he was never violent about it but he is super obsessed with soccer and he has wuite a reputation but he was always mad when I watched Winx,in fact physical violence was present when I turned older and I am not talking 14-16 no 4-6 IT STARTED and still hasn't stopped and he says it is so I won't get beaten up when I grow up now I understand why he wants me to know self defense and I actually appreaciate it but he does it so I will take his place as a sports and violence addict,he was going to slap my cousin who is also male and is my bestie (we gossip about things in school and gravity falls brought us together) because he was teasing him with heating him with a pinata stick which was just a joke but then the 2nd dad as we are going to call him was about to get violent so I beat him with the stick once and he slapped me so hard it left a mark and I almost fell to the ground and everyone was TERRIFIED,he beats me up and is fine with it and did in public too! Winx Club,Sailor Moon,W.i.t.c.h,Bratz,Barbie,Monster High and Ever After High has always been there for me but I fell into a depression at about 8 and my life went downhill everytime me and mom moved because of her job,but now my life getting better and our economic place is getting better too,I tried getting him off of my back but my mom doesn't let me and I don't know what to do,but what I know is I want to move on,go to a new country and be a fashion designer,Winx and especially Stella inspired me,my parents also divorced which didn't affect me and they are still friends but Stella was able to move on from her toxic family and I want to do so too
WinxClub4Life

Return to Chatta