⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。It's me, hi, I'm Donie it's me! ゚⋆˚☾。 ⋆

Here you can talk about anything, and everything!

Moderator: EN minimods

Re: ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。It's me, hi, I'm Donie it's me! ゚⋆˚☾。 ⋆

Postby juleic1123 » Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:01 pm

donimakaroni wrote:
juleic1123 wrote:Sorry about the chatta! :shock:

That was actually your rule back then. :lol: You wanted chatta to be private so people couldn't feel there would always be guests lurking around and reading it. :)

It should be visible to you now, I think? It's been more than 7 years working on forumotion, everything is different. :shock:

No, that is okay!

Oh it was? I like that to be honest not gonna lie :lol:

I do see it now, tho there seem to be some glitches. I found my topic and oh my god I didnt know I talked that much :shock:

It's not a bad rule to be honest. I thought about it a few weeks ago actually. I think once we start getting more users I might go ahead and do the same here. :)
ImageImage
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby donimakaroni » Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:01 pm

juleic1123 wrote:As for the websites, you're not exactly forced to follow any rules as long as the website itself has a lot of restrictions. For example, the comments on the official website stopped working so that there are less interactions and the website is just made for kids 100%. So the extra safety isn't needed truly. They have the website and an SSL which is the bare mininum. But there are extra things you should buy and configure to make sure it's safer like database encryption, extra passwords and alternative methods of connection to the server to ensure everything will be safe. Weekly backups... that is something that once I learned in university I decided to be extra careful about, because it would be harder for a hacker to get their hands on things.
For example, the password to the server of this website is manual through an encryption key. Putting the password will do nothing unless you have a manual key that needs to be in your own laptop. :mrgreen:

Oh I see. Yes, that makes sense.

Doing the bare minimum by a huge company isnt shocking sadly. But thank you for going for the extra mile. That makes me feel so much better about everything. /flowerpower/
donimakaroni

Postby donimakaroni » Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:03 pm

juleic1123 wrote:
donimakaroni wrote:
juleic1123 wrote:Sorry about the chatta! :shock:

That was actually your rule back then. :lol: You wanted chatta to be private so people couldn't feel there would always be guests lurking around and reading it. :)

It should be visible to you now, I think? It's been more than 7 years working on forumotion, everything is different. :shock:

No, that is okay!

Oh it was? I like that to be honest not gonna lie :lol:

I do see it now, tho there seem to be some glitches. I found my topic and oh my god I didnt know I talked that much :shock:

It's not a bad rule to be honest. I thought about it a few weeks ago actually. I think once we start getting more users I might go ahead and do the same here. :)

Got it. Lets hope we get more users here. Have you tried posting about this website in any winx related groups? Like for example facebook groups, or reddit posts?
donimakaroni

Postby juleic1123 » Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:06 pm

donimakaroni wrote:Oh I see. Yes, that makes sense.

Doing the bare minimum by a huge company isnt shocking sadly. But thank you for going for the extra mile. That makes me feel so much better about everything. /flowerpower/

It's still extremely sad that they do it honestly. Especially being official and everything, a bit of effort would've been nice. We had multiplayer games, 40 mini-games, forums, weekly updates and kids nowadays on that website have an abandoned website, 6 mini-games in mobile format, a couple of news to read and a painting section. :| :cry:

donimakaroni wrote:Got it. Lets hope we get more users here. Have you tried posting about this in any winx related groups? Like for example facebook groups, or reddit posts?

I did try to announce it on reddit a bunch of times. But not yet on facebook! I can try. :D
ImageImage
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby korolyova » Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:13 pm

donimakaroni wrote:Got it. Lets hope we get more users here. Have you tried posting about this website in any winx related groups? Like for example facebook groups, or reddit posts?

We do our best to invite RU users :)
Now we have about 10-12 users that visit the forums often and I hope it's gonna grow up
I'm thinking about writing in groups but I'm looking for the ones that are suitable for this
korolyova

Previous

Return to Chatta