✦ Chat with cherie01 | "Even when the night changes..." ✦

Here you can talk about anything, and everything!

Moderator: EN minimods

Re: ✦ Chat with cherie01 | "Even when the night changes..."

Postby cherie01 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:06 am

juleic1123 wrote:Someone noticed! /houra//

I upscalled them - not all of them, but most of them and also had to redo the 1920x1080 ones, since I only downloaded the free ones in 4:3 back then! :(

I'll see if I can upscale some, my first attempts with Bloom and Musa aren't that great. :ehmeh:: But users won't have to buy them again if I do improve them.

That's actually really nice. So if I buy them prior and download after you change them I'll just have your remakes? in_love_
cherie01

Postby juleic1123 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:07 am

Yeah :lol:
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby cherie01 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:08 am

juleic1123 wrote:Yeah :lol:

:ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

fr though, it's really good. The website so far is loading really fast compared to the official one and all the little changes have been worth it! I love the addition of redeem codes and messages and I think more people will love it too ! /houra//
cherie01

Postby juleic1123 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:15 am

Thank you, it means a lot. :oops: /flowerpower/
I loved this website's design, always did since I was a kid. I was so sad when the season 5 one came. Believe it or not having the season 5 one replacing this one PRIOR to the release of season 5 was a big red flag for me, and I was a MASSIVE fan of Winx especially then. :lol: :lol:
For many, the season 5 website was better especially because of the fast loading and most of the fandom TODAY joined during that time, so that one is probably way more nostalgic, but it looked so mediocre to this one in comparison to me even as a kid... the charm of the website got lost for me...

Like, instead of cute thumbnails for announcements, we had a bland PNG that was a preview of the image on the news. Only 3 videos on the homepage; the episodes, forum magazines and all the prior announcements were gone, web avatar gone, comics gone, money system replaced with a star system... it was a lot of changes that added nothing, and then the updates stopped being weekly and began being monthly... by the end of the 2013 the portuguese website spent like 4 months without a single update. :ehmeh:: And for the first time in 3 years, no new multiplayer game to play with others, instead we had the play store ones...
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby cherie01 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:17 am

juleic1123 wrote:Thank you, it means a lot. :oops: /flowerpower/
I loved this website's design, always did since I was a kid. I was so sad when the season 5 one came. Believe it or not having the season 5 one replacing this one PRIOR to the release of season 5 was a big red flag for me, and I was a MASSIVE fan of Winx especially then. :lol: :lol:
For many, the season 5 website was better especially because of the fast loading and most of the fandom TODAY joined during that time, so that one is probably way more nostalgic, but it looked so mediocre to this one in comparison to me even as a kid... the charm of the website got lost for me...

Like, instead of cute thumbnails for announcements, we had a bland PNG that was a preview of the image on the news. Only 3 videos on the homepage; the episodes, forum magazines and all the prior announcements were gone, web avatar gone, comics gone, money system replaced with a star system... it was a lot of changes that added nothing, and then the updates stopped being weekly and began being monthly... by the end of the 2013 the portuguese website spent like 4 months without a single update. :ehmeh:: And for the first time in 3 years, no new multiplayer game to play with others, instead we had the play store ones...

I stopped using the website during that time as well, I think a few months be4 to the forum's shutdown?
I hated the new design of the forums w/ passion :cloud:
Like it's not that they were bad but it was so spacey and so ugly in comparison to this one. I know this one is simple but it's so much better this way? :ehmeh::
I think that when the design changed the forum became italian for everyone or something like that? I don't remember :lol:
cherie01

Postby juleic1123 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:18 am

THE ITALIAN BUG :lol: :lol:
I completely forgot but yeah. Guests would see the forum in italian and sometimes if you stayed logged in but not visiting the forums for too long, you'd refresh and it'd be italian :lol: :lol:
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby cherie01 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:20 am

At least here mine is consistently english ! :lol:
cherie01

Postby juleic1123 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:21 am

It will stay in english actually. The official one changed your forum language based on the website you were using but I have no idea how to do that... :mrgreen:

So I just made sure the language the user registers in is the language the forum will be in... PERMANENTELY. :twisted:
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby cherie01 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:22 am

It's not a bad idea to be honest. I'd prefer to see the forum changing languages but if it's not possible, then it's not possible. :lol:
And it kind of helps since users have the "interface" in their default language, so they can understand where to click even if everything else in the website is in the new language. There's a pro to that, see? :D
cherie01

Postby juleic1123 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:23 am

I guess so! /houra//

Well, I finished fixing a few bugs so I'm off to bed now. I didn't sleep yet and it's 7am here! :lol:
juleic1123
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Chatta