What do you think of the color palettes of the girls?

Here you can talk about anything, and everything!

Moderator: EN minimods

What do you think of the color palettes of the girls?

Postby CrystalRose » Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:15 pm

Hii.

What do you think of the color palettes of the winx and what would you change?

What bothers me is how much they change the color palette for some of them. We rarely see Musa in red after Magic Winx while it looks so good on her :(
It's not even the part that the colors don't match their power. It's just that they don't stick with the same colors or the same main color.

Bloom -> Bloom's colors didn't change much through the seasons. Pink and blue are her colors. I would have like red for Bloom but maybe it's too much with her hair. Blue looks good on her I just don't like the pink. I don't think the pink really fits her personality. So maybe a mix with blue, red and orange. I saw someone using these colors for Bloom and it looked so good.

Stella -> the colors that are used for her are orange, pink, purple and yellow I think? I would change it to orange and blue/silver, maybe some yellow. She has the powers of the sun and moon so it would have been better if they went with that color palette. (They seem to forget she has moon powers)

Flora -> Flora is perfect the way she is. Pink and green work so well on her and it fits the nature power.

Layla/Aisha (why did they think it was a good idea to give her different names?) -> so Layla is green, teal, turqoise, purple? I like the Magix Winx green on her however I would have liked if they went with blue/turqoise since she has the powers of the waves. (Originally it was morphix?) But still she comes from a ocean planet so that color would have made sense. Like her believix.

Musa -> Musa's colors are so messed up. Like they didn't know what to do with her. I wish they went back to red for her. She looks so good in it and it looks so good with the dark hair. Hr colors changed the most and it kinda annoys me cause one season she is red, than pink and yellow, than pink with blue, pink and purple, ect. Maybe they should have done red and pink and purple.

Tecna -> she is purple a lot of the times but what did they do to her Bloomix? No purple at all. I like purple and green for her. Specially her Butterflix one.

Also I am still suprised how their favorite colors aren't their outfit colors.
CrystalRose

Re: What do you think of the color palettes of the girls?

Postby juleic1123 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:03 am

CrystalRose wrote:Hii.

What do you think of the color palettes of the winx and what would you change?

What bothers me is how much they change the color palette for some of them. We rarely see Musa in red after Magic Winx while it looks so good on her :(
It's not even the part that the colors don't match their power. It's just that they don't stick with the same colors or the same main color.

Bloom -> Bloom's colors didn't change much through the seasons. Pink and blue are her colors. I would have like red for Bloom but maybe it's too much with her hair. Blue looks good on her I just don't like the pink. I don't think the pink really fits her personality. So maybe a mix with blue, red and orange. I saw someone using these colors for Bloom and it looked so good.

Stella -> the colors that are used for her are orange, pink, purple and yellow I think? I would change it to orange and blue/silver, maybe some yellow. She has the powers of the sun and moon so it would have been better if they went with that color palette. (They seem to forget she has moon powers)

Flora -> Flora is perfect the way she is. Pink and green work so well on her and it fits the nature power.

Layla/Aisha (why did they think it was a good idea to give her different names?) -> so Layla is green, teal, turqoise, purple? I like the Magix Winx green on her however I would have liked if they went with blue/turqoise since she has the powers of the waves. (Originally it was morphix?) But still she comes from a ocean planet so that color would have made sense. Like her believix.

Musa -> Musa's colors are so messed up. Like they didn't know what to do with her. I wish they went back to red for her. She looks so good in it and it looks so good with the dark hair. Hr colors changed the most and it kinda annoys me cause one season she is red, than pink and yellow, than pink with blue, pink and purple, ect. Maybe they should have done red and pink and purple.

Tecna -> she is purple a lot of the times but what did they do to her Bloomix? No purple at all. I like purple and green for her. Specially her Butterflix one.

Also I am still suprised how their favorite colors aren't their outfit colors.

I agree with most, but I think Bloom does not need orange or red because it really would contrast badly with her hair, so I like the blue, yellow, pink as long as the pink isn't too much. I like her believix to be honest for example.

As for Musa, she actually still uses a lot of red, but she does change. She has red in the magic winx, charmix (does it count? :lol: ), enchantix, Believix (although these two are sort of pink-ish in a lot of areas, it really depends on the shot, sometimes it's magenta other times reddish pink but not really that bad on her), Sirenix, Onyrix, Dreamix..

But yeah, she's inconsistent.

Stella had a lot of green in earlier seasons (1-4) that vanished.
juleic1123
Site Admin

Re: What do you think of the color palettes of the girls?

Postby Astra » Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:37 am

She actually had silverish blue in her first transformations, it vanished in her Believix.

An oddly forgotten color for Musa is yellow, like her Enchantix was pretty much red and yellow. It makes sense to me to not go with that though, to not make too much resemblance with Stella. But honestly would be better if both Musa and Stella had yellow than every single Winx have pink, it just makes it feel less unique.

I actually think pink does fit Bloom's personality. Bloom in the earlier seasons had a hobby of reading (especially when it came to fairy stories) and i think drawing too. Even the fourth season started with her saying that she always liked fairy stories but that one with the black circle is a scary one. And imo pink is a good color to resemble that.
Astra

Return to Chatta