Me talking about the old times

Here you can talk about anything, and everything!

Moderator: EN minimods

Me talking about the old times

Postby CrystalRose » Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:37 pm

Hi

I am already spending more time here than I thought. There aren't many people here but it's fun to chat with all of you :)

Slowly my memories start to come back.
After years I finally know the site that I made the glitter pictures on: Blingee.
And I start to remember more from the forum like the games and contests. I know we also had the games were you made a shopping list and another person searched for pictures of the products and uploaded them.

And Winx Adventure. This game meant the world to me. I never found a online game that had what Winx Adventure had.
I played this game all the time, when I got back after school there was one place you could find me (or you could find me on the forum).
One day I stopped playing this game and I always had this blank space in my head why did I quit? I never knew why and I finally know the reason. I got a burnout when I was 12 in 2011. (I know you might think 12 years old and a burnout, but I am very serious about topics like this so I promise I don't make this up)
I got better in mid 2013.
(When did the game stop by the way?)

But the saddest part is that I never got to say goodbye.
I never spent my special coins that I got from a DS game.
I never got to see Garden of Charmix.
I never had the chance to play it one more time :(
CrystalRose

Re: Me talking about the old times

Postby juleic1123 » Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:57 pm

CrystalRose wrote:Hi

I am already spending more time here than I thought. There aren't many people here but it's fun to chat with all of you :)

After years I finally know the site that I made the glitter pictures on: Blingee.
And I start to remember more from the forum like the games and contests. I know we also had the games were you made a shopping list and another person searched for pictures of the products and uploaded them.

And Winx Adventure. This game meant the world to me. I never found a online game that had what Winx Adventure had.
I played this game all the time, when I got back after school there was one place you could find me (or you could find me on the forum).
One day I stopped playing this game and I always had this blank space in my head why did I quit? I never knew why and I finally know the reason. I got a burnout when I was 12 in 2011. (I know you might think 12 years old and a burnout, but I am very serious about topics like this so I promise I don't make this up)

Hey, I completely 100% feel you on this... this whole place was just magical, quite literally. The old winx website had such a great atmosphere. The website itself was designed to make you feel welcomed from the news and games to the forums. :lol:

It's just amazing to talk to people from here, to wait eagerly from a reply and continue a chat without having so much pressure or flashy images that the social media does have. It's crazy how this platform has essentially the same goal as a social media platform but does it such a way it feels so welcoming and engaging. :)

I... really, really miss Winx Adventure as well, and I have the chance to thankfully see it every time I miss it, even if the game is broken, at least I do have the game, I can only imagine how you must feel, and so many others. It was such a big part of my childhood and the game was so simple yet so.... interesting? Still is. You get absolute joy from walking around gardenia and visit stores, the winx, the places... it was the best game I ever played from my childhood as well and while I certainly enjoy and love some of the ones available today, they're not as memorable for me as Winx Adventure was... maybe it was the fact I played the game as a kid, but even as an adult, the amount of love I feel for it is a lot...
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby Melissa » Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:53 pm

I was really afraid that everyone had already outgrown Winx Adventure and the forum and got nostalgic about it very often. What a blessing to find out that I am not the only one and it turns out that there are also people who have the same feelings as me.
I'm so glad you guys are here! I love you guys! /flowerpower/
Melissa

Postby juleic1123 » Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:59 pm

It's great to know I am not alone in this as well... :cry: I actually got 2 best friends out of this for almost 11 years... something happened 3 years ago and we stopped talking but looking back I don't regret a single thing. I met people that were in my life for such a long time thanks to this website, and it helped me shape into who I am today. I only studied and took a degree and masters in advanced translation because I started wanting to know languages here, to talk to everyone in the official forum.

The amount of love I felt here as a kid is surreal... even if a lot of the old members have outgrown this place, as long as there is someone who remembers and continues, this place will surely become at least a bit like the original. :cry: /flowerpower/

It's been amazing to talk, meet and hear from all of you. It's unlikely we ever met back then, but meeting now and knowing about each of your experiences from 2010-2013 has been great! in_love_

I really missed browsing the forums replying to messages :cry:
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby Melissa » Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:09 pm

juleic1123 wrote:It's great to know I am not alone in this as well... :cry: I actually got 2 best friends out of this for almost 11 years... something happened 3 years ago and we stopped talking but looking back I don't regret a single thing. I met people that were in my life for such a long time thanks to this website, and it helped me shape into who I am today. I only studied and took a degree and masters in advanced translation because I started wanting to know languages here, to talk to everyone in the official forum.

The amount of love I felt here as a kid is surreal... even if a lot of the old members have outgrown this place, as long as there is someone who remembers and continues, this place will surely become at least a bit like the original. :cry: /flowerpower/

It's been amazing to talk, meet and hear from all of you. It's unlikely we ever met back then, but meeting now and knowing about each of your experiences from 2010-2013 has been great! in_love_

i’m not crying… I’m not crying… I’m not crying… okay! I’m crying :lol:
And by the way!! Just look how cool the forum has educated and raised us. How polite, friendly and nice we all are!
One big family!
Melissa

Postby juleic1123 » Sat Aug 31, 2024 10:52 pm

Melissa wrote:
juleic1123 wrote:It's great to know I am not alone in this as well... :cry: I actually got 2 best friends out of this for almost 11 years... something happened 3 years ago and we stopped talking but looking back I don't regret a single thing. I met people that were in my life for such a long time thanks to this website, and it helped me shape into who I am today. I only studied and took a degree and masters in advanced translation because I started wanting to know languages here, to talk to everyone in the official forum.

And by the way!! Just look how cool the forum has educated and raised us. How polite, friendly and nice we all are!
One big family!

That's true, something I noticed is that so far all of the old users are really friendly and nice. I know the old forum was like that with 90% of the users but it's so wholesome to see it right now :lol: :lol:
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby CrystalRose » Sun Sep 01, 2024 1:00 pm

juleic1123 wrote:

Hey, I completely 100% feel you on this... this whole place was just magical, quite literally. The old winx website had such a great atmosphere. The website itself was designed to make you feel welcomed from the news and games to the forums. :lol:

It's just amazing to talk to people from here, to wait eagerly from a reply and continue a chat without having so much pressure or flashy images that the social media does have. It's crazy how this platform has essentially the same goal as a social media platform but does it such a way it feels so welcoming and engaging. :)

I... really, really miss Winx Adventure as well, and I have the chance to thankfully see it every time I miss it, even if the game is broken, at least I do have the game, I can only imagine how you must feel, and so many others. It was such a big part of my childhood and the game was so simple yet so.... interesting? Still is. You get absolute joy from walking around gardenia and visit stores, the winx, the places... it was the best game I ever played from my childhood as well and while I certainly enjoy and love some of the ones available today, they're not as memorable for me as Winx Adventure was... maybe it was the fact I played the game as a kid, but even as an adult, the amount of love I feel for it is a lot...

So true. Social media nowadays is so different and being here feels so different, so much more fun.

Yes! It was the best game of my childhood as well and it was just so special. I think as a kid you see things different so maybe if we would have been adult back then we wouldn't have enjoyed it that much? But now we have the part that this game is so nostalgic for us so I think we will still enjoy it a lot :D (or I know I will enjoy it a lot)
CrystalRose

Postby CrystalRose » Sun Sep 01, 2024 1:01 pm

Melissa wrote:

I was really afraid that everyone had already outgrown Winx Adventure and the forum and got nostalgic about it very often. What a blessing to find out that I am not the only one and it turns out that there are also people who have the same feelings as me.
I'm so glad you guys are here! I love you guys! /flowerpower/

I am so glad to know I am not the only one :D
CrystalRose

Postby CrystalRose » Sun Sep 01, 2024 1:04 pm

Me too... I really miss it :cry:
CrystalRose

Postby CrystalRose » Sun Sep 01, 2024 1:06 pm

juleic1123 wrote:
Melissa wrote:

One big family!

That's true, something I noticed is that so far all of the old users are really friendly and nice. I know the old forum was like that with 90% of the users but it's so wholesome to see it right now :lol: :lol:

I am so glad about that. People nowadays can be so mean... :(
CrystalRose

Next

Return to Chatta