What Makes the Site Go?

Need help? Have questions? Ask here!

Moderator: EN minimods

What Makes the Site Go?

Postby Tecna9930 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:51 pm

I am curious:

What are all the tools used to make this site work? I know the forum is PHP BB but what other software is used (WordPress, Drupal, etc.) to make the site what it is? I mean someone somewhere had to be really dedicated to build this entire thing up from scratch to the point that it looks like the site I remember from 2013-2015. I wish it could never be gone, because as I've stated, this site makes me homesick.
Tecna9930

Re: What Makes the Site Go?

Postby juleic1123 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:04 am

Tecna9930 wrote:I am curious:

What are all the tools used to make this site work? I know the forum is PHP BB but what other software is used (WordPress, Drupal, etc.) to make the site what it is? I mean someone somewhere had to be really dedicated to build this entire thing up from scratch to the point that it looks like the site I remember from 2013-2015. I wish it could never be gone, because as I've stated, this site makes me homesick.

Hello! Very late, sorry! I've been working non-stop to ensure the website gets officially released this year! /houra//

But it's essentially ubuntu, an empty canvas of an ubuntu server. All you see was recreated from scratch VISUALLY. We didn't copy the official website, instead, we rebuilt everything from rock bottom, the website might look the exact same as the old one, but it's actually built with recent technology and quite updated in terms of code to today's times! :D /flowerpower/
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby Tecna9930 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:42 am

Hi:

Thank you for the reply, I am curious as to the web software for the front end. What forum software is this? What is the underlying page framework for anything that is not the forum, and where did that shield come from… I want one in a transparent background that I can stick that anywhere and personalize it.
Tecna9930

Postby juleic1123 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:05 am

Tecna9930 wrote:Hi:

Thank you for the reply, I am curious as to the web software for the front end. What forum software is this? What is the underlying page framework for anything that is not the forum, and where did that shield come from… I want one in a transparent background that I can stick that anywhere and personalize it.

Hello again! zao_zao

So, essentially, the forums come from a platform called phpbb forums. It's a paid platform that allows you to create online forums and form a community. The login and registration however are pretty complex. This platform has its own login and registration, I deactivated them here and linked it to the official site by creating a registration and login table connecting the accounts to the official website as well as the the coins you get, just like the official website.

As for the "shield", they're exclusive to the staff, you can't really have one. :ehmeh:: :lol: However, as soon as the website gets released, which will hopefully be now in July, there will be contests which will allow you to get not only Winx Coins but also emblems for your profiles, they're called signatures by the way! :D /flowerpower/
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby cherie01 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:06 am

Yep !! The signatures will be fully free and will allow you to show the entire forums whenever you win a contest ! Users will be able to participate in all the different languages and get prizes !! //MWOMWO"
cherie01

Postby Tecna9930 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:43 am

Yes, I kind of figured about that shield logo, I did not want it for here, but rather on my corporate LAN considering that I’m responsible for our portal system at least that runs our internal discussion boards (powered by WinxPortal® Social Intranet Platform (our rebranding and remixing of years-old vBulletin 4.x code).

I would rob, cheat, and if necessary steal to make our internal discussion site better with more Winx integrations. But hey, I am just someone who has a crazy story to tell. :-(
Tecna9930

Postby juleic1123 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:45 am

Tecna9930 wrote:Yes, I kind of figured about that shield logo, I did not want it for here, but rather on my corporate LAN considering that I’m responsible for our portal system at least that runs our internal discussion boards (powered by WinxPortal® Social Intranet Platform (our rebranding and remixing of years-old vBulletin 4.x code).

I would rob, cheat, and if necessary steal to make our internal discussion site better with more Winx integrations. But hey, I am just someone who has a crazy story to tell. :-(

That sounds interesting though, but what do you mean by "I would rob, cheat, and if necessary steal to make our internal discussion site better with more Winx integrations."? :lol:
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby Tecna9930 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:52 am

What I mean is that I am willing to do near anything (even slightly outside my strict code of ethics) to make our system better (more Winx graphics, better tools, etc.). I have a very specific style I am looking for but yet want Winx to be throughout. Again, I am willing to do anything to improve our internal tools.
Tecna9930

Postby cherie01 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:54 am

Resolved, so I'm closing it !! zao_zao
cherie01

Return to HELP!