✦ Chat with cherie01 | "Even when the night changes..." ✦

Here you can talk about anything, and everything!

Moderator: EN minimods

✦ Chat with cherie01 | "Even when the night changes..." ✦

Postby cherie01 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:18 am

Hello everyone !!! rockparty//

My name is cherie01 and I'm the new minimod of the forums for a while !! I'm here to take care of everything until juleic can find someone to replace me ! :lol:

I've been here meeting and talking to you and I'm very excited to meet every single one of you !! /houra//
cherie01

Re: ✦ Chat with cherie01 | "Even when the night changes..."

Postby juleic1123 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:00 pm

zao_zao
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby cherie01 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:34 am

juleic1123 wrote:zao_zao

zao_zao how are you ? Busy I'm sure ! :lol:
cherie01

Postby juleic1123 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:53 pm

cherie01 wrote:
juleic1123 wrote:zao_zao

zao_zao how are you ? Busy I'm sure ! :lol:

Yup, doing the final touches on the website before release! /houra//
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby cherie01 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:53 am

It's looking great! I see you can finally pay for Wallpapers! :lol: I prefer to save mine for something like the web avatar, but it's a great way of introducing purchases! I love that nothing is overly pricey too, but pricey enough to force people to come to the forums for Winx Coins and get addicted to them! :twisted: :lol:
cherie01

Postby juleic1123 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:56 am

cherie01 wrote:It's looking great! I see you can finally pay for Wallpapers! :lol: I prefer to save mine for something like the web avatar, but it's a great way of introducing purchases! I love that nothing is overly pricey too, but pricey enough to force people to come to the forums for Winx Coins and get addicted to them! :twisted: :lol:

Yup! :lol: It's my plan all along xD
I do have to say - I'm really glad with how well the system turned out. The official website only had purchases through actual credit cards, which would force you into going to a separate page EVEN when you had enough RCs to ask if you really wanted to buy the product or wanted to fill more Rainbow Coins, that sounds absurd in today's time, especially since it forced the user into another page just to reload back and allowing the user to pay. I think using their 2012 login popup and repurposing it to the buy system and allowing the user to pay - or not - right away is much better! /houra//
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby cherie01 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:00 am

juleic1123 wrote:
cherie01 wrote:It's looking great! I see you can finally pay for Wallpapers! :lol: I prefer to save mine for something like the web avatar, but it's a great way of introducing purchases! I love that nothing is overly pricey too, but pricey enough to force people to come to the forums for Winx Coins and get addicted to them! :twisted: :lol:

I do have to say - I'm really glad with how well the system turned out. The official website only had purchases through actual credit cards, which would force you into going to a separate page EVEN when you had enough RCs to ask if you really wanted to buy the product or wanted to fill more Rainbow Coins, that sounds absurd in today's time, especially since it forced the user into another page just to reload back and allowing the user to pay. I think using their 2012 login popup and repurposing it to the buy system and allowing the user to pay - or not - right away is much better! /houra//

It is! :ahhh:
It looks much cleaner and way more modern, without changing the appearence of the classy 2012 website. The "repurpose" of their 2012 login box into this was a good call.
I remember paying for Rainbow Coins back then (yes I did spend my mum's money with Bloom's hairstyle in Winx Adventure back then :lol: :lol: ) and it was painful to say the least. I also bought some episodes back then and one of them had the audio wrong, I think it was season 3 episode 13. It was only working on the left side of my ear and it was terrible to buy. I had enough coins, they forced me into another page to buy them, I did, didn't reload me back and instead sent me to the Top Up page to buy more?????? Like whaaa? I just wanted a video :cry: :cry:
cherie01

Postby juleic1123 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:02 am

cherie01 wrote:
juleic1123 wrote:

It is! :ahhh:
It looks much cleaner and way more modern, without changing the appearence of the classy 2012 website. The "repurpose" of their 2012 login box into this was a good call.
I remember paying for Rainbow Coins back then (yes I did spend my mum's money with Bloom's hairstyle in Winx Adventure back then :lol: :lol: ) and it was painful to say the least. I also bought some episodes back then and one of them had the audio wrong, I think it was season 3 episode 13. It was only working on the left side of my ear and it was terrible to buy. I had enough coins, they forced me into another page to buy them, I did, didn't reload me back and instead sent me to the Top Up page to buy more?????? Like whaaa? I just wanted a video :cry: :cry:

I never bought an episode but I'd assume it would work the same way as music. :shock: I bought a few back then and they did bring me to another page but then reloaded back... :ehmeh:: Guess they had a different code for every purchase then and some didn't reload back to the original page?
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby cherie01 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:03 am

Ur the expert, not me! If you say that's what they did I believe you :lol: :lol:

By the way, are the wallpapers upscalled? Just bought one of all the Winx and they look like it :ahhh:
cherie01

Postby juleic1123 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:06 am

Someone noticed! /houra//

I upscaled them - not all of them, but most of them and also had to redo the 1920x1080 ones, since I only downloaded the free ones in 4:3 back then! :(

I'll see if I can upscale some, my first attempts with Bloom and Musa aren't that great. :ehmeh:: But users won't have to buy them again if I do improve them.
juleic1123
Site Admin

Next

Return to Chatta