⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。It's me, hi, I'm Donie it's me! ゚⋆˚☾。 ⋆

Here you can talk about anything, and everything!

Moderator: EN minimods

Re: ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。It's me, hi, I'm Donie it's me! ゚⋆˚☾。 ⋆

Postby korolyova » Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:35 pm

I think I remember your first forum. I could choose an avatar from the gallery there but I don't remember when it was :(
korolyova

Postby donimakaroni » Wed Oct 09, 2024 1:29 pm

juleic1123 wrote:I just saw your previous message now, sorry about that! :mrgreen: Honestly, there’s really nothing to apologize for.

Life definitely has a way of keeping us busy, so I totally understand. /flowerpower/ I'm just happy to hear from you whenever you have the chance. And thank you so much for the kind words—it really means a lot and I agree with the working alone part 100%. Even though it's tough sometimes, I feel like I'm so much more capable now, I look at the entire website and it's like I understand everything even though it started as a fully empty canvas, every. single. page. It's insane to know I was able to bring it all back myself this time, with no help whatsoever... it really helped me understand Mathias job all those years ago but above all finally feel like I truly crafted my dream BY MYSELF this time instead of needing to rely on others. :cry:

As for the safety rules, that's something I'm also very proud of. I took the time to understand the law and also implement and spend some extra cash on the safety protocols to ensure it'd be safe for everyone, but above all, I'm very happy with the score. If you search for our website and do a test, you'll find out right now our website has a bigger score than the official one, that was shocking to me. :shock: This website has an overall score of 63% on everything, having things that could be improved in all areas but being overall ok, while the official one only had 38% and in terms of safety they had 0%. :shock:

Also yeah, we did have our fair share of disagreements back then. But I think that’s pretty normal—after all, it was a different time, and we were both still figuring things out in our own ways. :) I appreciate you accepting my apology, though, it does help close that chapter a bit. :lol: And I truly appreciate your apology as well, even though I think you were always kind-hearted.

As for the old forum, haha, yes, I do have proof! :twisted: There are loads of old messages from way back when—definitely an interesting snapshot of that time. :lol: If you’re ever curious, I can send you the link to check it out: https://online--winxclub.forumotion.com/forum. It might bring back some fun memories. ;)

I usually have the link in maintenance to push people into coming to the new one, but I'll leave it open so that you and everyone else can check it out for a few weeks. /flowerpower/

No, thats okay. Im sure youre busy and its hard to keep up with everything. :geek:

I'm so glad you took on the challenge and made it!!

0% safety??? HOW?? Thats is crazy! I dont remember much about the rules of the wbesites (I know thats now what youre talking about haha) but I remember they were way too strict about a loooot of things!

Im sure we had a lot of disagreements. I can be very stubborn :ehmeh:: :lol:

Awh thank you for the link! I dont see Chatta for the English forum tho. Does anybody else see it?
donimakaroni

Postby donimakaroni » Wed Oct 09, 2024 1:30 pm

korolyova wrote:I think I remember your first forum. I could choose an avatar from the gallery there but I don't remember when it was :(
To be honest I dont remember much either. I do remember however I was in middle school back then, so I believe it was around 2008-2009ish? I think. :ehmeh::
donimakaroni

Postby korolyova » Wed Oct 09, 2024 1:33 pm

donimakaroni wrote:
korolyova wrote:I think I remember your first forum. I could choose an avatar from the gallery there but I don't remember when it was :(
To be honest I dont remember much either. I do remember however I was in middle school back then, so I believe it was around 2008-2009ish? I think. :ehmeh::

Ohh, I meant the one Juleic created maaany years ago probably after the official one had been closed
It was ~2013 I think but not sure :lol:

How are you doing? zao_zao
korolyova

Postby donimakaroni » Wed Oct 09, 2024 1:39 pm

korolyova wrote:
donimakaroni wrote:

Ohh, I meant the one Juleic created maaany years ago probably after the official one had been closed
It was ~2013 I think but not sure :lol:

How are you doing? zao_zao

Ohhh, my bad :oops: :lol:
Im sure Juliec can tell us better on that part :lol:

Im doing good! I just got to work. I dont have much to do, so Im here from my work computer. :ugeek:

What about you? :D
donimakaroni

Postby donimakaroni » Wed Oct 09, 2024 1:41 pm

Also I was thinking, does anyone remember when we could adopt a pet on the official website? I remember I had lion I believe. I thiiiink I named her Nala. I could be wrong tho. Were they an egg at first and the hatched or am I wrong? :ehmeh::
donimakaroni

Postby korolyova » Wed Oct 09, 2024 1:51 pm

donimakaroni wrote:Also I was thinking, does anyone remember when we could adopt a pet on the official website? I remember I had lion I believe. I thiiiink I named her Nala. I could be wrong tho. Were they an egg at first and the hatched or am I wrong? :ehmeh::

oh, not sure about that :ehmeh:: Maybe I'll be wrong if I say yes (what if I just come up with that)
donimakaroni wrote:Ohhh, my bad :oops: :lol:

Im doing good! I just got to work. I dont have much to do, so Im here from my work computer. :ugeek:

My husband is a programmer so now he's also working but playing a bit :lol: A little break to relax.
I'm okay, cleaning the room //MWOMWO"
korolyova

Postby donimakaroni » Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:39 pm

korolyova wrote:
donimakaroni wrote:Also I was thinking, does anyone remember when we could adopt a pet on the official website? I remember I had lion I believe. I thiiiink I named her Nala. I could be wrong tho. Were they an egg at first and the hatched or am I wrong? :ehmeh::

oh, not sure about that :ehmeh:: Maybe I'll be wrong if I say yes (what if I just come up with that)
donimakaroni wrote:Ohhh, my bad :oops: :lol:

My husband is a programmer so now he's also working but playing a bit :lol: A little break to relax.
I'm okay, cleaning the room //MWOMWO"

Its okay :lol: I'll just believe you did know. Itll be our little secret 8-)

Omg you reminded me of something. I saw this video on tiktok of this girl, who made a bingo card, with words or expressions her bf says while playing games with hid firneds. I think it was a 4x4 or 5x5 columns and rows. And she was recording him, and whenever hed say that word/expression, she would cross it off, until she had a full row or column hence why BINGO :lol:

I found it hilarious. You should do the same. 8-)
donimakaroni

Postby juleic1123 » Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:54 pm

Sorry about the chatta! :shock:

That was actually your rule back then. :lol: You wanted chatta to be private so people couldn't feel there would always be guests lurking around and reading it. :)

It should be visible to you now, I think? It's been more than 7 years working on forumotion, everything is different. :shock:

As for the websites, you're not exactly forced to follow any rules as long as the website itself has a lot of restrictions. For example, the comments on the official website stopped working so that there are less interactions and the website is just made for kids 100%. So the extra safety isn't needed truly. They have the website and an SSL which is the bare mininum. But there are extra things you should buy and configure to make sure it's safer like database encryption, extra passwords and alternative methods of connection to the server to ensure everything will be safe. Weekly backups... that is something that once I learned in university I decided to be extra careful about, because it would be harder for a hacker to get their hands on things.
For example, the password to the server of this website is manual through an encryption key. Putting the password will do nothing unless you have a manual key that needs to be in your own laptop. :mrgreen:

If this website had only the accounts but no forum, I wouldn't need to have this much trouble. But the moment interaction happens, you have to be ready to spend more to protect everyone more and ensure safety. The website needs to feel safe for users. Sure it costs more but it's really worth it.

They also use a wordpress website, so while mine is built from scratch and I pay like 107€ per year, they pay 50€ per year and had tools to easily craft the website. :ehmeh::
ImageImage
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby donimakaroni » Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:59 pm

juleic1123 wrote:Sorry about the chatta! :shock:

That was actually your rule back then. :lol: You wanted chatta to be private so people couldn't feel there would always be guests lurking around and reading it. :)

It should be visible to you now, I think? It's been more than 7 years working on forumotion, everything is different. :shock:

No, that is okay!

Oh it was? I like that to be honest not gonna lie :lol:

I do see it now, tho there seem to be some glitches. I found my topic and oh my god I didnt know I talked that much :shock:
donimakaroni

PreviousNext

Return to Chatta