Is there a way to get your old account back?

Need help? Have questions? Ask here!

Moderator: EN minimods

Is there a way to get your old account back?

Postby CrystalRose » Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:59 am

Probably not right? :ehmeh::
CrystalRose

Re: Is there a way to get your old account back?

Postby juleic1123 » Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:10 am

There isn't unfortunately. If you mean the official account back in 2011, it's impossible since this is a remake of the website, nothing from the old one is here. It may look the same - which was the intent - but everything was done from scratch and built from the ground up, that includes the database.

If you mean forumotion (the old website from 2011-2017) then it's also impossible, since it was an old and different platform. They hold the accounts and if you try to get the database, not only could I get into legal trouble but the structure is different and may glitch this website's accounts instead.

I can however promise this is the last version. So don't be afraid or scared your messages might disappear one day. I have everything fully saved and I am the one paying for the server, so if anything happens - which is very unlikely, chances are very slim, but if it does again - I can just rebuilt it with all the messages you guys send here in this forum. /houra//

So don't be afraid to talk this time or scared the account might be lost, this time everything will be properly saved weekly in case something happens, and we can just start from there instead of starting over like we did the last 2 times! /flowerpower/
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby CrystalRose » Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:17 am

Thank you for responding! I already thought so since its a new site. I just wish I could go back, see how my avatar looked, ect. :ehmeh::
CrystalRose

Postby juleic1123 » Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:24 am

CrystalRose wrote:Thank you for responding! I already thought so since its a new site. I just wish I could go back, see how my avatar looked, ect. :ehmeh::

I know... it's actually such a frequent question... I unfortunately can't access pretty much anything regarding the old website. Actually even through waybackmachine shows the old website, it's just too broken. So I recreated a lot of pages from memory or my own take :ehmeh:: :lol:

Hopefully it's good enough :mrgreen: But I understand the feeling. My biggest wish would be to be able to bring the old topics and accounts into this one, I really wish we had the old database somehow :(
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby CrystalRose » Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:56 pm

juleic1123 wrote:
CrystalRose wrote:Thank you for responding! I already thought so since its a new site. I just wish I could go back, see how my avatar looked, ect. :ehmeh::

I know... it's actually such a frequent question... I unfortunately can't access pretty much anything regarding the old website. Actually even through waybackmachine the old website is too broken. So I recreated a lot of pages from memory or my own take :ehmeh:: :lol:

Hopefully it's good enough :mrgreen: But I understand the feeling. My biggest wish would be to be able to bring the old topics and accounts into this one, I really wish we had the old database somehow :(

Oh I am glad I am not the only one. I felt a bit st**id to ask :ehmeh::

It's good enough (: it's already amazing how you made this
CrystalRose

Postby juleic1123 » Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:24 am

Thank you so much, it means a lot. :) /flowerpower/

I really understand how you feel though. I had more than 5000000 messages so if I could I'd give it my all to go back :ehmeh:: :lol:
But hopefully this can be a fresh restart for everyone as well in a way, new topics, old and new people and this website won't close down like the other attempts. //MWOMWO"
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby CrystalRose » Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:04 pm

juleic1123 wrote:Thank you so much, it means a lot. :) /flowerpower/

I really understand how you feel though. I had more than 5000000 messages so if I could I'd give it my all to go back :ehmeh:: :lol:
But hopefully this can be a fresh restart for everyone as well in a way, new topics, old and new people and this website won't close down like the other attempts. //MWOMWO"

Yes I hope so. And I hope that it will have the magic like the old winx forum and games used to have :D
CrystalRose

Postby CrystalRose » Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:05 pm

Saddest part is that I never got the chance to say goodbye to my old account or Winx Adventure. I never got to say goodbye to my online friends, I probably had a lot of messages I still needed to read... :cry:
CrystalRose

Postby juleic1123 » Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:18 pm

CrystalRose wrote:

Yes I hope so. And I hope that it will have the magic like the old winx forum and games used to have :D

My biggest wish as well... I really hope we can find a way to establish a community here. :)
CrystalRose wrote:

Saddest part is that I never got the chance to say goodbye to my old account or Winx Adventure. I never got to say goodbye to my online friends, I probably had a lot of messages I still needed to read... :cry:

I know how you feel... for a time back then I stopped going to the forums, when the website changed to season 5 I lost a lot of interest :ehmeh:: so for at least 7-8 months I just dropped the website, I came back months before it closed down... it just feels sad and empty to know it lasted so little.

I think the best thing we can take away from this experience is that despite it only existing for 3 years, it was so good and so amazing that it left a deep impression on us, and now, even as adults, we are still trying to get that magic that was robbed from us back. I do feel like that a lot, I feel like Rainbow could've been way more fair in the way they did things, or leave the forum around so that we could always visit it. They closed the forum and not even 2 months later completely D E L E T E D IT to save space in the database of the website. I get that the forum was a lot, but it's still a kick in all our love and passion for it back then... :cry:
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby Melissa » Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:38 pm

juleic1123 wrote:
I think the best thing we can take away from this experience is that despite it only existing for 3 years, it was so good and so amazing that it left a deep impression on us, and now, even as adults, we are still trying to get that magic that was robbed from us back. I do feel like that a lot, I feel like Rainbow could've been way more fair in the way they did things, or leave the forum around so that we could always visit it. They closed the forum and not even 2 months later completely D E L E T E D IT to save space in the database of the website. I get that the forum was a lot, but it's still a kick in all our love and passion for it back then... :cry:

Omg I can't believe the Game and the Forum only been around for 3 years! It feels like much longer.
Every word you say goes straight to my heart! :cry: /flowerpower/
Melissa

Next

Return to HELP!