⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。It's me, hi, I'm Donie it's me! ゚⋆˚☾。 ⋆

Here you can talk about anything, and everything!

Moderator: EN minimods

Re: ⋆˚☾。 It's me, hi, I'm Donie it's me! 。☽˚⋆

Postby juleic1123 » Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:17 pm

donimakaroni wrote:
juleic1123 wrote:Thank you so much, I'm very happy with the way my life has been going these past few years. I really loved my course. :)

I mean... even I hate translation sometimes so don't worry :lol: It can be really challenging and there are so many rules you need to follow... I really understand. I personally enjoy it under special circumstances, but it's not my real dream job either. I want to translate scripts for kids shows and also be a dubber for some of them. That is my real dream job. in_love_

Awh I'm glad you like how everything turned out, I'm sure it must feel amazing!!! :D

Haha, oh noo, I thought you loved translation and want to pursue it long term; which it has its perks for sure haha.

Awhhhh that's sooo sweet! It makes sense with winx and everything! I wish you the best of luck on that! Im sure youll achieve it in no time and be great at it! :D /flowerpower/

I mean, I can see it as a long term career. I personally think I'm a good translator. I had great grades and the translation of the game is going pretty well... but my dream job really is dubbing. I love to act and try to incorporate other characters and their feelings. :lol:

How about you? :)
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby donimakaroni » Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:43 pm

juleic1123 wrote:I mean, I can see it as a long term career. I personally think I'm a good translator. I had great grades and the translation of the game is going pretty well... but my dream job really is dubbing. I love to act and try to incorporate other characters and their feelings. :lol:

Awh, Im sure you are. Your English is really good, and the translation of everything is really good too. ^_^
I wish you the best of luck on everything. /flowerpower/

As for me, ohhh, do you want the short or the long answer? :ehmeh:: I wont be offended even if you say short hahah. :D
donimakaroni

Postby juleic1123 » Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:51 pm

donimakaroni wrote:
juleic1123 wrote:I mean, I can see it as a long term career. I personally think I'm a good translator. I had great grades and the translation of the game is going pretty well... but my dream job really is dubbing. I love to act and try to incorporate other characters and their feelings. :lol:

Awh, Im sure you are. Your English is really good, and the translation of everything is really good too. ^_^
I wish you the best of luck on everything. /flowerpower/

As for me, ohhh, do you want the short or the long answer? :ehmeh:: I wont be offended even if you say short hahah. :D

Long one! Don't hide a thing! :lol: It's been so long I really want to connect and see what everyone has been up to, so if you don't mind sharing, I'd love to know! /flowerpower/

And thank you so much, it means a lot to me, it was so hard do work on this website by myself. This time Matiix, the guy that was with me, didn't work on the website, he was the one who did it the last 2 times, so I really struggled... adding languages and the account registration was really hard to pull off since they had to be connected to the forum language and accounts. I even thought about giving up, I spent like 6 months attempting to make it work... but I studied so much and learned so much that now it's so simple to do it seems crazy it took me ages to make it work before. :lol: Still, I really hope people can join and enjoy everything I worked hard to recreate, after all, it was done for them, for you... /houra//
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby donimakaroni » Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:51 pm

juleic1123 wrote:Long one! Don't hide a thing! :lol: It's been so long I really want to connect and see what everyone has been up to, so if you don't mind sharing, I'd love to know! /flowerpower/

And thank you so much, it means a lot to me, it was so hard do work on this website by myself. This time Matiix, the guy that was with me, didn't work on the website, he was the one who did it the last 2 times, so I really struggled... adding languages and the account registration was really hard to pull off since they had to be connected to the forum language and accounts. I even thought about giving up, I spent like 6 months attempting to make it work... but I studied so much and learned so much that now it's so simple to do it seems crazy it took me ages to make it work before. :lol: Still, I really hope people can join and enjoy everything I worked hard to recreate, after all, it was done for them, for you... /houra//

Oh wow, I wish I couldve helped somehow, but we are here already and I hope you are proud. You should be very proud, everything looks amazing! /flowerpower/

As for me, Im not sure where we left off but I was in the US for three and a half months through a student program back in 2016. I got back and finished my English degree. I started working right away as a teacher. I then moved cities supposedly for a teaching job, I ended up being a "manager" of this private course. I put the word manager in quotation because I ended up doing a looot of jobs at once haha. I did that until February of 2020. It was crazy I quit right before Covid happened. I then worked for my parents company from then until july of this year. I was doing social media posts, i managed the pages of our company, I took pictures, I took and edited videos (nothing too crazy haha), I did accounting (more bookkeeping) too. I know just switched jobs. Im working as a bookkeeper in a company. I dont see myself here long term however, I dont know where I see myself later. I looove interior design/decor. I definitely want to do something related to that in the future.

Outside of job related topics, I got married almost 2 years ago and Im living with my husband. I have one niece and two nephews now, another niece on the way. Thats about all I can think of right now. Its quite a lot if I do say so myself :lol:

But yeahhh, thats me now at 29 years old :D
donimakaroni

Re: ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。It's me, hi, I'm Donie it's me! ゚⋆˚☾。 ⋆

Postby donimakaroni » Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:53 pm

Im at work right now and someone passed me and saw me typing the post above ^ and said: Are you writing an autobiography or why is that so long? I was like: I am yes. She didnt realize I kind of was. :lol:
donimakaroni

Postby juleic1123 » Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:52 pm

donimakaroni wrote:Oh wow, I wish I couldve helped somehow, but we are here already and I hope you are proud. You should be very proud, everything looks amazing! /flowerpower/

As for me, Im not sure where we left off but I was in the US for three and a half months through a student program back in 2016. I got back and finished my English degree. I started working right away as a teacher. I then moved cities supposedly for a teaching job, I ended up being a "manager" of this private course. I put the word manager in quotation because I ended up doing a looot of jobs at once haha. I did that until February of 2020. It was crazy I quit right before Covid happened. I then worked for my parents company from then until july of this year. I was doing social media posts, i managed the pages of our company, I took pictures, I took and edited videos (nothing too crazy haha), I did accounting (more bookkeeping) too. I know just switched jobs. Im working as a bookkeeper in a company. I dont see myself here long term however, I dont know where I see myself later. I looove interior design/decor. I definitely want to do something related to that in the future.

Outside of job related topics, I got married almost 2 years ago and Im living with my husband. I have one niece and two nephews now, another niece on the way. Thats about all I can think of right now. Its quite a lot if I do say so myself :lol:

But yeahhh, thats me now at 29 years old :D

Thank you so much! I won't lie. I really wanted help, but now that I finished I think I did good in doing this alone... having no help whatsoever made me realize I made a lot of pressure as a teen on Matiix, which even if I didn't do it on purpose or he minded (which he never spoke of) I really didn't understand how much work creating a website truly was...

Then the fact that doing this alone allowed me to study web design and even learn carefully about what I can and can't do with a fanmade website of a trademarked product, which helps me ensure I will never have problems with rainbow or the court in the future. :)

I learned how to encrypt data, started paying for a safety certificate, ensured I followed all the safety guidelines to make this website as safe as possible and I think this was only possible thanks to the fact I had no help and had to struggle alone.

As for you... :twisted:
Honestly, it sounds like you’ve been on such a great journey as well, at least you didn't stop and you keep trying a lot of things, which I think it's pretty nice. :) I am scared of becoming too stagnant, I don't want my life to be a routine unless I really enjoy it so I think that is pretty nice. Of course, it's easy to say this when you just summarized so many years into a few sentences so maybe it was boring in the in-between jobs irl? :lol: :mrgreen: But I there’s so much to be proud of, from teaching to "managing" and doing so many things and now bookkeeping, it only shows how versatile you are with jobs and that you can do a lot of things tbh, which is great :D

You were amazing as an admin on my previous website as well.

That's the thing, back then I didn't really like when you questioned some of the things I did, but looking at it now I feel so bad and hate my old self so hard because I was a kid and you had already the responsibility and mentality of an adult pretty much.

Your concern was on the platform and the users, which is the right thing to do, while mine was in doing the game and changing the design of the website and moving to other places and blablabla without really putting the users as a priority...

I think the reason we ended up losing so many members when the old website closed in 2017 was due to me asking in 2015 to move to a new one despite you advising me not to do it and that there would always be people that wouldn't do it. You even asked me if I was sure the other website would last, and at the time I said yes... //EHDOHEH/ :ehmeh::

Honestly, I'm glad you're here so that I can apologize even if you don't really remember. You were amazing and I was a teen who was lucky and ended up messing up over time. :oops: :cry:

I think the only good thing that came out of this is that for better or for worse, these failures allowed me to grow a lot and to learn as well and hopefully, if I get as lucky as I was before, I can make sure I won't follow the same footsteps I did in the past. (Nor do I have a reason to, since I'm the one paying now and not someone else which was the entire reason the old one failed. :lol: )

Also the fact you got married? Time really is passing by fast :ahhh: Congratulations! Really! :cry: /flowerpower/ 2 years already, time really is ticking... :cry: It’s so wonderful to catch up and hear where you are now, really it makes me so happy :cry: /flowerpower/
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby juleic1123 » Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:52 pm

donimakaroni wrote:Im at work right now and someone passed me and saw me typing the post above ^ and said: Are you writing an autobiography or why is that so long? I was like: I am yes. She didnt realize I kind of was. :lol:

I think I just won, I didn't realize how big my previous message was omg :shock: :lol:
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby CrystalRose » Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:12 pm

donimakaroni wrote:
CrystalRose wrote:I was on the Dutch and English forum. One was a mod(?) CherryDream and one user called PrinsesMaaike. I don't know why I don't remember more :(

Oh yeah, no, I dont remember. I only would go to the English forum as I dont know any of the other languages they had forums for. My first language is albanian, and they didnt have a forum for that. :ehmeh::

I was on Dutch and English. I don't know how much time I spent on each one :ehmeh:: I think I was a lot on the Dutch one but maybe I played a lot on English too? I have no idea
CrystalRose

Previous

Return to Chatta