Status on Winx Adventure

Moderator: EN minimods

Status on Winx Adventure

Postby juleic1123 » Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:51 am

Hey everyone,

I hope you've been well! zao_zao

I'm here to briefly talk about the game Winx Adventure and where the game is at the moment.
As you know, our plan ever since 2013 is to bring that game back. That already happened once in 2014 and ever since then we've been working on building another, improved version of the game. However, that never came to fruition. :(
With this being said, I'm currently paying for the website and working, and while I don't have any possibilities now of hiring someone to work on the game, that is my plan on the long run.
The game is currently incomplete. I have a version of the game that has everything, but the scripts are broken and multiplayer isn't working. My hopes is to save enough money to bring someone in to help fix everything and release the game eventually. With this being said, it's impossible to know when this will happen. It may be in a few months or a few years, but until the situation changes or I change my mind, this is the plan.
If I find someone, I'll let everyone know right away without giving any estimate date, as these things take time, but rest assured because right now the development of the game is PAUSED. Not CANCELLED. I'll work on making sure the website has enough features in the mean time to keep everyone engaged! /flowerpower/

I won't be locking this topic because I also want to hear your feedback and reply any possible concerns you might have. I understand that for children or young teens this might be upsetting, but I hope everyone can understand, especially the older users of the forum :)
juleic1123
Site Admin

Re: Status on Winx Adventure

Postby Nette » Mon Aug 12, 2024 3:42 pm

Oh no. I was thinking instead of bringing it all back at the same time, maybe only work on the rooms and where people can have their friends over or just write with people in the chat. You can always add more stuff to it later. zao_zao
Nette

Postby juleic1123 » Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:11 pm

Nette wrote:Oh no. I was thinking instead of bringing it all back at the same time, maybe only work on the rooms and where people can have their friends over or just write with people in the chat. You can always add more stuff to it later. zao_zao

That's not a bad idea actually. I'll take it into consideration. Although I do want to add the rooms take more time than the city itself, so maybe it would be the other way around :lol: City first, rooms later!
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby Nette » Mon Aug 12, 2024 7:59 pm

juleic1123 wrote:
Nette wrote:Oh no. I was thinking instead of bringing it all back at the same time, maybe only work on the rooms and where people can have their friends over or just write with people in the chat. You can always add more stuff to it later. zao_zao

That's not a bad idea actually. I'll take it into consideration. Although I do want to add the rooms take more time than the city itself, so maybe it would be the other way around :lol: City first, rooms later!

Yay! /houra// I thought the rooms were the easy part :lol:
Nette

Postby juleic1123 » Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:12 pm

Nette wrote:
juleic1123 wrote:

Yay! /houra// I thought the rooms were the easy part :lol:

In theory it should because it's small right? In fact the personal room system is pretty complex especially due to the personalization and the room invites and joins :lol: the mail system, the door and objects interaction makes it even harder than gardenia where you can just run around and sit here and there and everyone by default spawns there :lol:
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby cherie01 » Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:40 pm

You do what you find best. Knowing that you did this from scratch and for 5 years is enough to get me on board. We're adults though so children joining in might have a hard time understanding this topic fully :ehmeh:: :lol:

But I do see your points and I know making the game will probably still take time. Still, you brought back the site back up and I think that is already a huge deal. I couldn't see the game existing without the forums and the site online, every time we'd be tired of the game or even hyped about it we would come here to chat with others and asking ppl to join :lol: :lol: so whatever you choose and decide im on board !
cherie01

Postby juleic1123 » Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:46 am

cherie01 wrote:You do what you find best. Knowing that you did this from scratch and for 5 years is enough to get me on board. We're adults though so children joining in might have a hard time understanding this topic fully :ehmeh:: :lol:

But I do see your points and I know making the game will probably still take time. Still, you brought back the site back up and I think that is already a huge deal. I couldn't see the game existing without the forums and the site online, every time we'd be tired of the game or even hyped about it we would come here to chat with others and asking ppl to join :lol: :lol: so whatever you choose and decide im on board !

Yup... I miss the game the most but I won't lie what really made me appreciate the game more was the people I could talk to with the forums. Or the things I'd do once I was bored as well :lol:

Thank you so much for your faith and input on this! :D /flowerpower/
juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby juleic1123 » Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:49 pm

Here are a few pics as promised to CrystalRose /houra//

juleic1123
Site Admin

Postby CrystalRose » Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:56 pm

juleic1123 wrote:Here are a few pics as promised to CrystalRose /houra//

Thank you /houra//

That last picture brings back so many memories :cry: I remember waking around and more things about the city that I forgot
CrystalRose

Postby juleic1123 » Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:58 pm

I can send more later. Again, the game is broken, but everything can still be seen, so I'll make sure to share some later or tomorrow! /flowerpower/
juleic1123
Site Admin

Next

Return to WINX ADVENTURE